Coretemp 1.18 & 1.18.1 unable to monitor CPU load. Possible bug?

Post about bugs you find in Core Temp so they can be addressed and fixed efficiently
bdg2

Coretemp 1.18 & 1.18.1 unable to monitor CPU load. Possible bug?

Post by bdg2 »

My new PC has Windows 11 running on a Core i7-12700F on a Gigabyte H610M S2H DDR4 motherboard with 32GB of DDR4.

I copied the CoreTemp 1.18 folder from my old Windows 7 PC onto the new PC and everything works except that in the tray icon Coretemp always indicates CPU usage of only 0 or 1% no matter how hard the CPU is actually working.

Windows task manager is working correctly, showing CPU load values between 0 and 100%.

I believe Core Temp is correctly running as an administrator. I let it set itself up to run by selecting "Start Core Temp with Windows".

What could be wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bdg2 on Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

bdg2

Re: Coretemp 1.18 & 1.18.1 unable to monitor CPU load. Possible bug?

Post by bdg2 »

Further info added later:

Okay, it's even more weird than I thought.

If I really max out the CPU with prime95, then Core Temp and task manager agree - 100% CPU load.

However, most of the time Core Temp tray icon says a much lower value than task manager.

Is this just some kind of weird weighting system where the clock speed and/or P or E core and/or hyperthreading is weighting the value shown by Core Temp?

DrNo123

Re: Coretemp 1.18 & 1.18.1 unable to monitor CPU load. Possible bug?

Post by DrNo123 »

Similar here - load is not even shown in the tray, although activated and was working and visible before the latest cumulative updates - Win 11.

On Win 10 the load info in tray still works an all machines.

Return to “Bug reports”