Momentary spikes near TjMax but then drops down.

A place to discuss topics related to Core Temp
DavidAlanGay
New User

Momentary spikes near TjMax but then drops down.

Post by DavidAlanGay »

Hi.

I had a lovely Acer Aspire 7 with an Nvidia 1050ti that overheated and now it is beyond repair, so I picked up a slower less heat-intensive Acer Aspire 5 with an integrated Intel card. I came across this client and noticed it had an overheat protection feature that puts the laptop to sleep.

I figured it was a good idea since I don't want to replace yet another laptop due to overheating. The problem is if TjMax is reached for even a millisecond and then drops like a stone, the overheat kicks in and the laptop goes to sleep after 30 seconds. Not good!

First of all, can the sensor detecting the heat be less overly sensitive? TjMax is only met for a brief interval. It's not always running at that level.

Secondly, can we maybe set the alert if the TjMax is reached say....10 or 15 times instead of just once?

Thanks.

Update: Since I didn't get any replies to this question, I found another application that accomplished what I was looking for. With this application, the laptop will not shut down but will throttle down until the internal temperature falls below a set value.
Last edited by DavidAlanGay on Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

DavidAlanGay
New User

Re: Momentary spikes near TjMax but then drops down.

Post by DavidAlanGay »

Update: Since I got no replies to my inquiry, I uninstalled the software and switched to another temp monitoring application that did what I wanted perfectly.

Naki

Re: Momentary spikes near TjMax but then drops down.

Post by Naki »

DavidAlanGay wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:00 am Update: Since I got no replies to my inquiry, I uninstalled the software and switched to another temp monitoring application that did what I wanted perfectly.
You might want to list the name of that other program. :)

Return to “Discussion”