removing core temp

A place to discuss topics related to Core Temp
rscwboy
New User

removing core temp

Post by rscwboy »

i downloaded this from cnet as a zip file and once unzipped it did not work correctly. i tried to find it on the uninstall programs menu and its not listed. when i click to delete it from the desktop it says that i dont have admin rights to do this. i only have the one account so i have full admin rights but not for this program. i have a toshiba satellite m305d operating on the vista 64-bit system. i have no use for the program just wanted to know how hot computer was and so now i want to get rid of it. please help and advise.

The Coolest
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: removing core temp

Post by The Coolest »

There's no need to both post in the forum and send a private message, really.

What do you mean by "did not work correctly"?
Try to reboot the machine and delete the folder again, there's no installation so it won't appear in your add/remove programs. All you have to do is simply delete the files you extracted from the ZIP file.
Main rig:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (True Spirit 140 Direct) / Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty X470 / EVO 970 500GB + WD Blue 250GB + HDD / GPU: Dell RX 570 4GB / Mem: 2x16GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill 32GTZKW TridentZ - 32GB total / PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W
NAS:
Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.3GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / 2x Inland Pro 120GB + HDDs / GPU: ATi Mach64 VT2 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 8GBXL RipJawsX - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
Secondary rigs:
Core i3 7130U / MiniPC / SanDisk SDSSDP-128G / GPU: Intel HD 620 / Mem: 1x8GB DDR3L-1600
Xeon X3430 2.40GHz @ 3.06GHz or Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ 4.0GHz (Freezer 7 Pro) / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / PNY CS1111 240GB / GPU: ATI FirePro V3800 / Mem: 4x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 8GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W
AMD Phenom II X4 B93 / Mobo: ASUS M2A-VM / GPU: ATI Radeon Xpress X1250 / Crucial M4 120GB / Mem: 2x2GB DDR2-800 - 4GB total / PSU: Antec 380W.

Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors

rscwboy
New User

Re: removing core temp

Post by rscwboy »

The Coolest wrote:There's no need to both post in the forum and send a private message, really.

What do you mean by "did not work correctly"?
Try to reboot the machine and delete the folder again, there's no installation so it won't appear in your add/remove programs. All you have to do is simply delete the files you extracted from the ZIP file.

well there was plenty of reasons to post in forum and send private message; as a private message you may not have known an answer to give and as a post it allows other people to read and possibly assist.

once it was unzipped, the link on the desktop to close to five minutes to start and it never started the program after that time-frame with no other programs running. i attempted to close it thru the task menu and that didnt work. i turned the computer off and it has been rebooted numerous times since initial post. i could never get it to delete and every time i tried it would tell me that i did not have correct admin permission to delete it. i only have the one account setup so i have full admin rights and should be able to do as i please and see fit. i did just try to delete it again and it did finally work, so i thank you for your help, it was tried a few times but it is fixed now.

Return to “Discussion”