Suggestion to disable messagebox upon overheating

User feature requests
Planned features for Core Temp
Ryzhehvost
New User

Suggestion to disable messagebox upon overheating

Post by Ryzhehvost »

First of all, let me thank you for this excellent program, it helps me a lot!
I have a 1st-gen i7 laptop, and as it's custom for them, it often overheats under heavy load. I like overheating protection in coretemp, it's much better than when my laptop just turns off after reaching tjmax. But I have one thing that annoys me - no matter how big delay I set for hibernation upon overheating, coretemp shows me messagebox like this:
First of all, it seems to me, that while this message is shown - coretemp does not update temperature, so even if CPU cooled down during delay that I've set - it will hibernate anyway. So, I MUST press either "Yes" or "No" to avoid hibernation. And that's only part of a problem, because, obviously, overheating often happens when I have a lot of windows open, and this message is not on top of all, so I need look for it in haste every time it happens. And that's implying that I noticed a balloon notification about overheating! Because if I didn't notice it, and messagebox is opened somewhere in background, then even if temperature is going down - my work will be interrupted by hibernation. So, I really ask you for an option to disable this messagebox completely - balloon popup is enough for notification, and if I need more time - I will configure bigger delay, no need to ask every time! While writing this message I had to search for this damn messagebox at least 5 times, every time spamming with alt-tab until I see it - it's really annoying. If you believe this messagebox is needed - it can be on by defauly, but please allow us to disable it in overheating protection configuration window. I will be very grateful if it will be possible, it would make your, otherwise perfect, program, even better!

Return to “Development”