Login | Register

DLL or source code

Updates on developement of new features and user input/requests

Moderator: imposter

• Author
DLL or source code

Postby mojo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:30 am

Any chance of a DLL version or the source being released? Or maybe just the stuff for reading the DTS. There is some source floating about on the web to do it in C, but it needs a driver.

It would be very useful to read temperature data in other programs, and currently there is no good way of doing it. You have to run some bulky program like SpeedFan, the ancient MBM or Everest just to get temp data. If I already have a monitoring program (e.g. LCD Smartie) I don't need another!

Someone really needs to make a DLL for getting system info like CPU temperature, SMART data, fan speeds etc. I wanted to do it but getting hardware info is next to impossible it seems :(
mojo

Postby imposter » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:05 pm

Thecoolest doesn't share the coretemp source code. however does uses a driver to read the core tempertures of the cpu.
imposter

Postby The Coolest » Wed May 28, 2008 11:46 am

There's a DLL to access Core Temp's data, if you're still interested.
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/developers.html
Member of our O/C Folding @ Home team
"<The_Coolest> you can't unwaste wasted CPU cycles" - Start FOLDing now!
Main rig:
Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.5GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / SSD: Crucial M4 128GB (+ HDDs) / GPU: HD5450 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBXL RipJaws X - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
Secondary rig:
Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ Stock / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / GPU: Integrated / Mem: 2x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 4GB total / PSU: FSP ATX350-PNR 350W.

Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors
The Coolest
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CoreTemp-User084 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:59 pm

Edit: lol, didnt notice how old the post was :x.

I suggest downloading winring0.dll to read core temps. It is what Real Temp uses to read core temps; the rest of the program really just fiddles with what the dll reports. You can read a lot of other system data with the dll. Take a look through the doc.

http://openlibsys.org/

Once you have the dll, here's how to read temps (borland c++ builder). The below is using a TJMax of 100, change that to suit your needs since different processors have a different tjmax.

Code: Select all
//This must be called first
InitializeOls();

void GetTemps(DWORD* iTemp, int iCoreNum)
{
   DWORD dwEAX, dwEDX;

RdmsrEx( 0x19C , &dwEAX , &dwEDX , iCoreNum );

dwEAX = dwEAX & 0xFF0000;
   dwEAX = dwEAX >> 16;

*iTemp = 100 - dwEAX;
}
CoreTemp-User084

Return to Core Temp - Development