coretemp problem on windows 10 x64 (10240)

A place to discuss topics related to Core Temp
GigaByte

coretemp problem on windows 10 x64 (10240)

Post by GigaByte »

i upgraded my laptop to windows 10 pro x64 build 10240, i opened coretemp multiple times since & all was fine, then it started lagging/freezing the windows explorer, even after force closing coretemp, making me force shutdown the system by holding power button

i found 60% of the time this happens when launching coretemp, but if im playing a game at the time such as team fortress 2 or counterstrike global offensive, it will ALWAYS lag & freeze the system, restarting explorer does not clear it up. when not running any game, going to system information in coretemp will also always make this happen. so coretemp is basically unusable now, this never happened in windows 7 x64, dont know about 8.1 as i skipped that hideous operating system

running coretemp elevated or not makes no difference, i also tried killing the logitech gaming software app before running it, same thing

jave200372

Re: coretemp problem on windows 10 x64 (10240)

Post by jave200372 »

I recently upgraded to Win 10 Pro x64 myself, and had the same "freezing" issue when trying to run CoreTemp. I am using Speedfan as an alternative temp monitoring program for now.

Naki

Re: coretemp problem on windows 10 x64 (10240)

Post by Naki »

You need version Core Temp 1.0 RC7. Do you have that, OR RC6?
For RC7, you could still have issues sometimes, if Auto-update function is ON. If so, make sure to turn it OFF, then it should be fine. :)

EDIT: You can download 1.0 RC7 64-bit here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbqsolq90sr9e ... p.exe?dl=0
(link is to my Dropbox Cloud)

I do not have access to RC7 32-bit version.

Return to “Discussion”