Used to Display 2 Temps in SYSTRAY - Now Just One

Post about bugs you find in Core Temp so they can be addressed and fixed efficiently
User286
New User

Used to Display 2 Temps in SYSTRAY - Now Just One

Post by User286 »

Hello ! I've looked and a few posts related to this, but I'm thinking this may be a Registry thing. I have 1 CPU, and only the 2nd of 2 cores is having its temp displayed in the Systray.

I was using 1.0 RC5 when this happened, and upgraded toRC6, and did not expect a change, and did not get one.

This symptom simply happened one day last week (~May 16, 2015) after the laptop overheated. It's been overheating a few times recently (I set it to stop at about 160F).
I cleaned my wife's laptop's fan assembly the other week - it was badly in need of cleaning. Mine never used to, but started to overheat more often a few weeks ago (videos).

With both versions I've done the simple thing, which is ensure "All cores" in selected, in the System Tray / Notifications Tab.
One person said they had to select "Highest Temperature", then select "All cores", and it worked. They didn't say if they clicked "Apply" in between the selections, but I tried this and clicked "Apply" between selections, and it did not make it work.

Since this "non-display" of one temp began after a shutdown, I'm thinking it's Registry-related. I may run my Registry cleaner soon and see what that does.

Cheers, Dave H.

User286
New User

2 Temps are Being Displayed Now

Post by User286 »

I'd add this to my initial post, but it hasn't been approved for display yet.

I just noticed that only the "1st" core's temp was being displayed now, instead of just the 2nd core's. Hmmmm.

I played around some more with the "All cores" radio button, and the other associated with it, and when selecting "All cores", both temps are being displayed now.

I just love it when symptoms are not consistent...kind of like in 2001: A Space Odyssey, when the HAL 9000 says there's a problem with the antenna's circuit board, they bring it in, and it now checks ok.

Until next time,
Thx - Dave H.

Return to “Bug reports”