What temperature is the most important?

A place to discuss anything related to Core Temp and temperature reading in general
CoreTemp-User029
New User

What temperature is the most important?

Post by CoreTemp-User029 »

I'm using few programs that monitor cpu temperature and I've noticed that they usually show two different temps. When I'm stressing my cpu for few hours with Orthos some of them, including Core Temp 0.99, indicate a fairly high temperature: about 72-73 'C, but the others (for example Asus PC Probe II, Intel Thermal Analysis Tool) show significantly lower values: 56 - 57 'C. I was wondering why there is so big difference beetwen them and finally found answer in other software monitoring (and also stressing) cpu - OCCT. Along with Core Temp it is in a group showing higher temps, but what is the most interesting to me is that you can choose in settings from which sensor it reads cpu temperature. Sensor called CPUTIN shows lower temperatures (about 56 'C, it's exactly what is shown by PC Probe II, Intel TAT), whereas sensors Core #0 nad Core#1 show about 73 'C, as Core Temp. And here is my question: which of these temperatures are more important? In Intel's documentation is stated that maximum temperature for my processor (Core 2 Duo E6750) is 72 'C. But is it core temperature (it would mean that my cpu is working on its thermal threshold what is rather not good) or something else? I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Return to “Core Temp - Discussion”