Login | Register

Feature suggestion: Confirm close on exit

User feature requests
Planned features for Core Temp
  • Author
Feature suggestion: Confirm close on exit

Postby Naki » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Suggestion: In the Settings of Core Temp, please add an option to be able to ask for confirmation on exit.
I know that running the program again is easy, but in some circumstances/uses it may be undesirable for the program to close. And then the "Are you sure you want to close Core Temp"? dialog box will help.
Naki

Re: Feature suggestion: Confirm close on exit

Postby The Coolest » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:06 pm

I thought about it before and decided against it. What I suggest is to check "Close to system tray", that way you have to click file->exit or right click the systray and then choose exit. This will ensure that you avoid accidentally closing Core Temp.
Member of our O/C Folding @ Home team
"<The_Coolest> you can't unwaste wasted CPU cycles" - Start FOLDing now!
Main rig:
Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.5GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / SSD: Crucial M4 128GB (+ HDDs) / GPU: HD5450 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBXL RipJaws X - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
Secondary rig:
Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ Stock / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / GPU: Integrated / Mem: 2x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 4GB total / PSU: FSP ATX350-PNR 350W.

Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors
The Coolest
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature suggestion: Confirm close on exit

Postby Naki » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:47 pm

The Coolest wrote:I thought about it before and decided against it. What I suggest is to check "Close to system tray", that way you have to click file->exit or right click the systray and then choose exit. This will ensure that you avoid accidentally closing Core Temp.

Why did you decide against? Please note that I am not asking for the program to ask each time, but just an option, which can be turned off.
Naki

Return to Development