Login | Register

MSI RPM Request

User feature requests
Planned features for Core Temp
  • Author
MSI RPM Request

Postby Buggolo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Hello, thanks for this excellent software. I wondered if it was possible to implement an rpm fan/pump monitor with shutdown options.
Third party options exist to do this but I would rather run just one program (coretemp). No support for this through motherboard bios or provided software MSI P67A-GD65.

When my last pump failed, the temperature threshold of 60°c was inadequate, this lead me to the third party software to do this. The computer sat for about eight minutes before I noticed the pump failure, water was warming up but the core temps had barely reached 50° at idle.

It might be quicker and safer through RPM considering what can happen with heating water, possible?
Thank You.
Buggolo
New User

Re: MSI RPM Request

Postby The Coolest » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 pm

RPM monitoring is not possible with Core Temp as it was designed to be completely motherboard independent. Adding such an option means that it will get bloated, since it will require motherboard support and just isn't practical at this point.
Member of our O/C Folding @ Home team
"<The_Coolest> you can't unwaste wasted CPU cycles" - Start FOLDing now!
Main rig:
Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.5GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / SSD: Crucial M4 128GB (+ HDDs) / GPU: HD5450 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBXL RipJaws X - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
Secondary rig:
Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ Stock / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / GPU: Integrated / Mem: 2x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 4GB total / PSU: FSP ATX350-PNR 350W.

Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors
The Coolest
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Development