pcoptimiser pro bundled in installer malware?

A place to discuss topics related to Core Temp
jamiehavok
New User

pcoptimiser pro bundled in installer malware?

Post by jamiehavok »

hi seems this program is bundled with the installation of coretemp, my antivirus flanged it as high risk and immediately removed it. looking around the web, seems it is some kind of fake optimizer program!?
anyway programme seems to be off my system but various reports on the web say its hard to get rid of.

edit hmm seems to be a random program installed every time you run the installer.... i didn't get pcoptimser pro when i ran installer again but something else... a questionable annoying, hard to get rid of program called playtopus!

either way should probably look at the installer, make sure its not installing any malware! i'm surprised as this seems to be the official home of coretemp and its making me download adware and malware! don't remember anything like that last time i installed the program.

ok read its to do with installq wrapper software your using on the site and did find the standalone installer! i guess the authors of coretemp get some kind of payment from using installq, ill be more aware of these wrappers in the future, but they usually dont install anything more than yahoo toolbar, this is the most malicious one i've encountered, and there is no uncheck boxes to stop it installing playtopus/pc optimser pro which is definitely malware

Jorge

Re: pcoptimiser pro bundled in installer malware?

Post by Jorge »

I'm not impressed with any of the programs that use these SPAM loading devices. If the program author's need money that badly, charge $1. per download via PayPal so we don't end up with contaminated PCs. It's completely unscrupulous for these download engines to force crapware on people.

Return to “Discussion”