Core Temp Setup Guide For Router Port Forward and AndroidApp

A place to discuss topics related to Core Temp
xklownx
New User

Core Temp Setup Guide For Router Port Forward and AndroidApp

Post by xklownx »

I was having trouble setting up the app on my computer and getting port forwarding working right. I found a way to get it all running smooth hope this guide helps as many people out as it can. If you have any questions about any part of the guide you can ask me a I will be willing to help anyway I can.

CORE TEMP GUIDE FOR WINDOWS 7

I. CoreTemp Setup

1. Install CoreTemp.
2. Download CoreTempRemoteServer.zip.
3. Extract CoreTempRemoteServer.zip into a folder named "CoreTempRemoteServer" (no quotes of course) (Leave this folder alone for now, remember the location of this folder).
4. Locate CoreTemp installed folder (Check in My Computer C:\Program Files\Core Temp)
5. Open the core Temp folder and add a new folder named "plugins" (no quotes) should look like this (C:\ProgrameFiles\CoreTemp\plugins).
6. Now copy the CoreTempRemoteServer folder and paste it into the new plugin folder. It should look like this (C:\ProgrameFiles\CoreTemp\plugins\CoreTempRemoteServer).
7. Now open CoreTemp if not already open, go to "Tools, plug-in manager".
8. Make sure Core Temp Remote Server plugin status is "started" if not click "start" button bottom left.

II. Now to forward the port.

1. Go to "Control Panel, System and Security, Windows Firewall".
2. On the left side of the firewall screen click "Advanced Settings".
3. On left side of Advanced Settings click "Inbound Rules".
4. On the right side of the screen click "New Rule".
5. On the New Inbound Rule Wizard page select "Port" bubble and click "next".
6. Make sure "TCP" bubble is selected.
7. On the bottom click "Specific Local Ports". in the textbox type "5200" (no quotes) and click "Next".
8. Make sure top bubble is seleccted "Allow the connection" click "Next".
9. Check mark "Domain, Private, Public" click "Next".
10. Type any name it does not matter. (I did coretemp for description) click "Finish".
11. Repeat steps 4-10 but on step 6. change the bubble to "UDP".

III. Port forwarding on the router.

1. Click start and type "cmd" (no quotes) in the run box and click enter.
2. Type "Ipconfig" (no quotes) and hit enter.
3. Leave this window open. If your ipv4 adress does not start with "192" you do not have a router and your ports are already open. If it is "192" move to step 4.
4. Open your web browser, you should use internet explorer seems more reliable. In the address bar type your Default Gateway and hit enter. (Ex. 192.168.1.1)
5. You may be prompted with a Username and Password. Default is usally username "admin" and password "admin" (no quotes). If that does not work check your router manual.
6. After you are into your router page find were there is a Port Forward option. (on linksys it is mostly likely going to be under Applications and Gaming).
7. Under application type what ever you want (I put coretemp).
8. You should see "Start" to "End" type in "5200" for Start and "5200" for End (no quotes).
9. For Protocal put to "both" or select "TCP".
10. For the "IP" refer back to the "cmd" screen and look for IPV4, put that for the Ip Address (Ex 192.168.1.100).
11. Make sure to click enabled.
12. Save settings, should be down at the bottom.
13. Leave your router page open you will need it for the section.

IV. Setting up the Android App.

1. Download Core Temp from the android market the paid version or free version.
2. Open the app hit menu add monitor.
3. For name type the name you want to use for the computer does not matter what you put.
4. For the host name we need to locate your "External IP".
5. Go back to the router page and look for a status page.
6. Somewere on this page you will find an IP Adress it may start with a "67" (Ex 67.166.7.236) something like that. (Side note I typed in external ip in a google search and it showed my external ip in the search results, it will say your Public IP is xx.xxx.x.xxx). You can also try this website gives your external ip right away at the top http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
7. That is your external ip you want to put that into the Hostname put it exactly how it is on your router status page. only the numbers and the periods.
8. For the port put "5200" (no quotes).
9. Hit save and you should now be able to see your computer temps. (Right now I have all my virus protections off I will have to see if it still works when I turn them back on)

Return to “Discussion”