Login | Register

Does Core Temp have malware/adware again!?

A place to discuss topics related to Core Temp
  • Author
Does Core Temp have malware/adware again!?

Postby Naki » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:09 am

Not again! You used to have some junk software bundled with Core Temp a while ago, and many complained, plus Core Temp was removed as a suggestion from many software review websites, saying it has malware in it, so they thus do not recommend using Core Temp at all. I think it was in fact a privacy-invading, sensitive private info-grabbing piece of junk malware named "Relevant Knowledge". Then, thankfully you removed that.

Now however I again see this, see screenshot, attached. Why is this showing? Can at least an option be added to hide this POS from main window? :eek:
Attachments
img-2017-08-26-12-06-07.png
img-2017-08-26-12-06-07.png (24.58 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Naki

Re: Does Core Temp have malware/adware again!?

Postby The Coolest » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:21 am

It's been there for about 18 months now, and to be honest, I haven't had a single complaint or mention about it in all of this time.
This isn't just some adware\malware, it's a driver or bios update tool. A user has to purchase it, so there is nothing they can accidentally install on their system.
Member of our O/C Folding @ Home team
"<The_Coolest> you can't unwaste wasted CPU cycles" - Start FOLDing now!
Main rig:
Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.5GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / SSD: Crucial M4 128GB (+ HDDs) / GPU: HD5450 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBXL RipJaws X - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
Secondary rig:
Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ Stock / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / GPU: Integrated / Mem: 2x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 4GB total / PSU: FSP ATX350-PNR 350W.

Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors
The Coolest
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Naki » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:27 am

The Coolest wrote:It's been there for about 18 months now, and to be honest, I haven't had a single complaint or mention about it in all of this time.
This isn't just some adware\malware, it's a driver or bios update tool. A user has to purchase it, so there is nothing they can accidentally install on their system.

Okay, I guess the the other users are likely blind then? Or too lazy to report & create a forum account for this.
I know what it is. Paid or Trial software, can we please have this link gone? Can you move it to About maybe? Ot maybe move to Settings in some corner (of General tab for example), not with too invasive/too large font?
Naki

Postby The Coolest » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:43 am

I don't think so. I just think not many really care, and understand that developers still have to make a buck somehow.
So, I don't have plans to move it right now. I don't really see a problem with it.
Member of our O/C Folding @ Home team
"<The_Coolest> you can't unwaste wasted CPU cycles" - Start FOLDing now!
Main rig:
Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.5GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / SSD: Crucial M4 128GB (+ HDDs) / GPU: HD5450 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBXL RipJaws X - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
Secondary rig:
Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ Stock / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / GPU: Integrated / Mem: 2x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 4GB total / PSU: FSP ATX350-PNR 350W.

Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors
The Coolest
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Naki » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:18 pm

The Coolest wrote:1) I don't think so. I just think not many really care, and understand that developers still have to make a buck somehow.
2) So, I don't have plans to move it right now. I don't really see a problem with it.

1) I agree, I know making complex system software such as Core Temp is not easy, nor comes easily. I know it takes lots of hard work & time & efforts to do this.
2) Okay, thanks. I hope you can consider it some time in the future.
Naki

Return to Discussion