Temp indicartors go away on bootup? Reset to fix?

Post about bugs you find in Core Temp so they can be addressed and fixed efficiently
GWSRF
New User

Temp indicartors go away on bootup? Reset to fix?

Post by GWSRF »

To: Developer(s):
I have experienced difficulty with the program applications..Being new to Core Temp and with only 12 days of exposure. I am operating one of my PC's as a test unit for Core Temp v0.99.5.27 - 32bit. The test unit PC O/S is Vista Ultimate build 6002 32bit with a Biostar TP45 HP MoBo. The CPU is an Intel E7600 dual core LA775 @ 3.06GHz as advertised, jammed in a Cooler-Master HAF-932 with HAVC cooling @ 22C (surface contact verification ambient C) @ 75%Lo.

When Core Temp is installed, optioned and operating, the program notification area Temp Indicators must be restarted (or given permission to force start) each time the system is cold or warm booted. It appears the Core Temp needs a different driver to correctly function in this Vista plant.. I have been through the Core Temp options/Settings and also the system tray setup variants with no difference, it must be reset each time and requires "Full permissions" to even initiate the dual core indicators each time.

Microsoft informed me to contact the vendor for an updated software version that did not need "permissions" to self activate its temp indicators in the notification area with the usual booting sequences from the instruction .dll install sequences. Apparently there are several problem areas with different systems and you are probably working on it as behinder as you can.. My problems with this application are small I am sure compared to the complete picture, but I felt it was worth the comments to advise. :wink:

I scanned this sites blogs by subject, perhaps I missed the answer. Please advise when possible..I appears that you are looking for problems from your soft-users, you did indicate ASAP, so here is my contribution.... :?:

Regards-
Dr. GWSRF :D

I also attempted the application install on several other "older" PC's which failed due to PU incompatibilities and mis-matched program drivers.

The Coolest
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Temp indicartors go away on bootup? Reset to fix?

Post by The Coolest »

Hello

I believe this thread here http://www.alcpu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=658 should provide you with the answers to why Core Temp needs to be allowed each time manually, and also provides a guide to overcome the issue.
In short, since Core Temp is a portable software, it does not install anything on your system. It does use a driver, which it starts every time you start the program. This action requires Administrator privileges.
Main rig:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (True Spirit 140 Direct) / Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty X470 / EVO 970 500GB + WD Blue 250GB + HDD / GPU: Dell RX 570 4GB / Mem: 2x16GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill 32GTZKW TridentZ - 32GB total / PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W
NAS:
Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz @ 4.3GHz (Scythe Mugen2) / Mobo: Biostar TP67XE / 2x Inland Pro 120GB + HDDs / GPU: ATi Mach64 VT2 / Mem: 4x4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 8GBXL RipJawsX - 16GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W.
Secondary rigs:
Core i3 7130U / MiniPC / SanDisk SDSSDP-128G / GPU: Intel HD 620 / Mem: 1x8GB DDR3L-1600
Xeon X3430 2.40GHz @ 3.06GHz or Core i3 540 3.06GHz @ 4.0GHz (Freezer 7 Pro) / Mobo: MSI H55M-ED55 / PNY CS1111 240GB / GPU: ATI FirePro V3800 / Mem: 4x2GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill 4GBRL RipJaws - 8GB total / PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W
AMD Phenom II X4 B93 / Mobo: ASUS M2A-VM / GPU: ATI Radeon Xpress X1250 / Crucial M4 120GB / Mem: 2x2GB DDR2-800 - 4GB total / PSU: Antec 380W.

Core Temp - Accurate temperature monitor for Intel's Core/Core 2 and AMD64 processors

Return to “Bug reports”