No Intel Skylake Support?

Post about bugs you find in Core Temp so they can be addressed and fixed efficiently
Shadowdane

No Intel Skylake Support?

Post by Shadowdane »

It appears Core Temp doesn't work correctly with Intel Skylake CPUs (i7-6700K). Base Clock, Clockspeeds and Core VID are completely wrong, temperatures look correct though. I hope you can add support, been using this program for years now.

Register Dump file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5ovbM ... sp=sharing

GigaByte

Re: No Intel Skylake Support?

Post by GigaByte »

try rc7 http://www.alcpu.com/Hidden_Stuff/CoreTemp08.rar

i would try it myself but intel decided to "launch" skylake having 5 cpus in stock to spread around the planet....

Shadowdane

Post by Shadowdane »

GigaByte wrote:try rc7 http://www.alcpu.com/Hidden_Stuff/CoreTemp08.rar

i would try it myself but intel decided to "launch" skylake having 5 cpus in stock to spread around the planet....
Thanks but same issue with RC7.

Yah I had my Skylake CPU on backorder for a month only got it a few days ago.

Shadowdane

Post by Shadowdane »

No update yet??

Had to remove CoreTemp as I found it was actually causing my PC to lock up. Would love to use this for temperature monitoring, but appears it just doesn't like the Skylake platform.

GigaByte

Post by GigaByte »

will we ever get skylake support? is coretemp abandoned?

Naki

Post by Naki »

GigaByte wrote:will we ever get skylake support? is coretemp abandoned?
Yes, please can we can get an update on Core Temp development status?
Do you accept donations? If donations are needed for a new version, please let us know. :)

kevinkar
New User

Post by kevinkar »

I just put together a system with a Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI motherboard and an Intel i7-6700K CPU with Windows 10 64-bit OS. I tried using RC6 and it also locks up my computer and has various display glitches (e.g. selecting any of the Core Temp menu items will produce the drop down but the drop down stays on screen.) After that the program is unresponsive and the computer starts locking up to the point I can't even select Start, Power, Restart. I have to press the reset button.

What is interesting though is that I installed RC5 and it works perfectly. So I'm good to go. Why the difference between RC5 and RC6 I don't know. All I can say is RC5 works just fine.

Just wanted to let you know.

Leo G

Post by Leo G »

I'm having the same problem with my new Dell 7710. It won't show the proper CPU frequency. It seems to be divided by 4 most of the time.

I've used CPU Z and that will read a correct speed. 800Mhz at idle and 3Ghz+ at full speed. I'd really like to see the speeds show up correctly as I use it in my task panel to see what's going on within the computer. It's always been nice to see how the computer is reacting to various programs.

Return to “Bug reports”