Wrong frequency and temp AMD x6 1055t

Post about bugs you find in Core Temp so they can be addressed and fixed efficiently
DcR

Wrong frequency and temp AMD x6 1055t

Post by DcR »

Today I installed Core Temp v1.0 RC6, to monitor my AMD x6 1055t (Thuban - 125w). However, it shows that my cpu frequency is 2732.19MHz with an 195.16MHz bus speed. This should be +/- 3220 MHz with an 230MHz bus speed (OC).
wrong-reading.PNG

Or am I missing something?
CoreTemp-Dump.txt
//Edit: Hmm, after increasing my actual bus speed with 5Mhz (to 235MHz) the reading in Core Temp also went up 5MHz (now 200Mhz).

//Edit2: Okay, this is weird. After completely uninstalling Core Temp and reinstalling - because I needed to enable the Monitor service - the readings now show the right values. I used the same installer and I did reboot a couple of times earlier because I'm still trying different OC settings, so I can't understand why I wouldn't work before. Does it do some kind of initialization on the first run, which messed it up for every other run (until reinstall)? :?

//Edit3: Nah, back at reading the wrong bus speed again. Enabling on the fly FSB detection doesn't change it.

//Edit4: Overheat protection kicked in on boot (run on start; sleep mode). After starting again I noticed the tray icon showed about 290 degree Celsius, but couldn't read well because it was cut-off on the sides and Core Temp wouldn't show the UI (not responding). Meanwhile Speedfan showed 32 degree Celcius. Had to end the task.

PS: I really like the included G15 applet, thanks for the effort!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DcR on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DcR

Wrong temp reading (Overheat Protection active) AMD x6 1055t

Post by DcR »

Just now the systems overheat protection kicked in again. After returning from sleep mode, the tray icon shows 132 degree Celsius.
Tray.png
Core Temp appears to be non responding at this time (need to end task). Meanwhile SpeedFan reads normal temperatures.
Speedfan.PNG

This is the log of Core Temp with the readings.
CT-Log 2014-10-30 12-49-15.csv
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bug reports”