No temp reading for AMD CPU

Post about bugs you find in Core Temp so they can be addressed and fixed efficiently
janvideo
New User

No temp reading for AMD CPU

Post by janvideo »

I just installed the program. My system is an AMD-A4-6300 (Richland) running on an ASROCK FM2A88X+ ITX board. Running Windows 8.1.
The BIOS screen shows the temp OK. ALCPU shows everything correct about the CPU and the frequencies, etc, but no temp for the CPU itself. It shows 0 degrees C or 32 to 33 degrees F. This is an excellent program and I would l like to use it, but it's not doing the main thing it's supposed to do.
Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong or is this a known problem? Is there a BIOS or other setting I need to change?
Thanks,
Joel

Nite2
New User

Re: No temp reading for AMD CPU

Post by Nite2 »

Same thing here. I have Sapphire Edge VS8 nettop. CPU is AMD A8-4555M.

I used Coretemp 1.0 RC5 before. It showed temperature correctly, but sometimes caused Windows to BSOD on bootup. I upgraded to 1.0 RC6. No BSOD anymore but no temperature readings either. Temperature shows as 0 in Coretemp and "N/A" in Coretemp widget.
I tried to rollback to 1.0 RC5, but now it does not show temperature too.

Kevinsw27
New User

Post by Kevinsw27 »

Having the same issue.. CPU reports 0C
Any word on this?
MoBo - Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2
APU- AMD A8-5600K Socket FM2

OS- Win 8.1

Im looking at a couple different Rainmeter skins that require CoreTemp for one of my 3 desktops

isamukusanagi
New User

Post by isamukusanagi »

i've got a similar issue, seems that core temp recognizes my processor but won't read temps properly. its been reading 33F min and 33F max for 3 days so far and after several hours of dead island riptide with all the settings on ultra i don't see how it could stay 33F. somethings not right.

AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1ghz
16gb ddr3-1866 patriot memory
GeForce GT640
Biostar HI-FI A88W 3D

dump below if it helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grave_digga
New User

Post by grave_digga »

Same issue here with an A8-4500M on a Lenovo G505S, Windows 8.1 64Bit. The frequencies are shown but no temperature (0°). Checked older Version, 1.0 RC5 gives Bluescreen, RC4 also and 1.0 RC3 shows temps but not right. They are to high and i don't know which offset i could use. I think the problem is that the processor isn't recognized correctly.

ssmodk
New User

Post by ssmodk »

Same problem with an A8-5600K on Windows 7 64-bit and an ASRock FM2A78M-HD+ board. I just get N/A or 0 on the temperature for every core.

Robertbert
New User

Post by Robertbert »

Sys Info:
AMD A8-6600K
MSI A78-E45

Same issue. Core temp reads my sys info correctly, including Max Core Temp (70 C), but reads 0 C for all 4 cores. I've disabled all OC and turbo features in BIOS with no change.

pocpoc
New User

Post by pocpoc »

Same issue here. I have an AMD A8-4500M.
It worked fine with RC4 but I installed RC6 to have RAM utilization but now it shows 0C

Where can I find RC4 again? I didn't see an old version section on the site.

pocpoc

Return to “Bug reports”