Latest(1.0 RC6) not supporting APU corretly

Post about bugs you find in Core Temp so they can be addressed and fixed efficiently
mattataki

Latest(1.0 RC6) not supporting APU corretly

Post by mattataki »

Hey there, I own a Richland APU, the a10-6800k but the temps readings always show 0 degrees. I tried previous versions but those gives unreal temps (10-20°C) which btw is lower than room temperature on a CM 212 EVO Heat-sink. my motherboard has somehow good temps readings. It's an ASUS A88X-MA mobo and I bet it takes it readings from the CPU rather than some sensor on the mobo itself. I tried another software called Everest. I gave accurate readings too. Those readings were also the same as my mobo's.

The previous versions of CoreTemp displays some definately wrong info on temps but those versions compared to the latest seems to also get the resource usage wrong (displays slightly lower usage than Task manager).

I am on Windows 8.1 Pro, all drivers installed for my APU (I think). Running latest version of CoreTemp and has been waiting for a fix since ages now.

Image Image
Just to let you know top right corner of my desktop is my plug-in for rainmeter working on CoreTemp's reading... I don't want to have done all this coding for nothing so please will you be able to help me? Note that the APU is a 4 core and it displays 2 cores... it's because this is my laptop's but my desktop is relatively the same except i copied and pasted the code for graphs 2 more time to get all 4 cores

mattataki

Re: Latest(1.0 RC6) not supporting APU corretly

Post by mattataki »

Image There this is my desktop's plug-in updated to 2013 with the APU

Tinderbox (UK)
New User

Post by Tinderbox (UK) »

I have the mobile version an A10-5750m

1 : core temperature shows as an constant 16c, i have used prime95 and it does not change.
2 : the min frequency shows as 998mhz when it should be 1400mhz, the max frequency works fine at 2495mhz and this is the highest it goes, the turbo of 3500mhz does not show at all.
3 : the T-MAX shows as 115c when it should be 105c
4 : the power is showing at a constant 0.0w when the max tdp is 35.0w

John.

mattataki

Post by mattataki »

Tinderbox (UK) wrote:I have the mobile version an A10-5750m

1 : core temperature shows as an constant 16c, i have used prime95 and it does not change.
2 : the min frequency shows as 998mhz when it should be 1400mhz, the max frequency works fine at 2495mhz and this is the highest it goes, the turbo of 3500mhz does not show at all.
3 : the T-MAX shows as 115c when it should be 105c
4 : the power is showing at a constant 0.0w when the max tdp is 35.0w

John.

Yeah, it seems like AMD changed a lot of stuff with APUs thought other softwares are able to give accurate readings. CoreTemp should put more effort into resolving this, It's been a very very long time that it's not working and nothing seems to be improved.

mattataki

Post by mattataki »

Could we get any beta or WIP of CoreTemp's development? I would like to do any testings.
I am also willing of ripping the HDDs out and shipping my PC out to you guys so you can test it out.

Return to “Bug reports”