FX-6100 Mis-reading.

Post about bugs you find in Core Temp so they can be addressed and fixed efficiently
Jkithompson
New User

FX-6100 Mis-reading.

Post by Jkithompson »

Hello there! I came here to originally file a bug report regarding the FX chips. But it seems that it has been well documented. For those wondering what the Tjmax is; The tjmax of 90C is correct, I recently read an article from AMD (damned if I can find it now, but I will keep looking) that stated the max on the chip is actually 110C, but they have it reported as 90C and auto shutdown at 98C. Further AOD reports it as 90C as well so that gives me a little more reassurance that the reported Tjmax in CT is correct. I have also forced the 98C shutdown on a 4100 just to make sure that information was correct. (chip still works :D) I did read on one of the OCing sites back in November, someone "guessed" it was around 70C-80C and that seems to have been what the community has fixated on.

My main issue is the name being reported wrong. But honestly it's more cosmetic than anything else. As long as my temps are correct and with a +12C offset it seems to match with AOD.
I've also run into the issue where it reports the FSB and Multiplier wrong on start-up, (CPU-Z reports correctly, just so you know that the BIOS isn't switching up for S&G) I was supposedly running at an amazing 12.4Ghz according to CoreTemp today.

Anyways, I have attached a dump from my FX-6100 as it seems you haven't had one since RC-2. Hopefully it will help correct the FX's being reported wrong. Keep up the good work, love CT and have it on all my rigs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bug reports”