Sudden problem with overheat protection

Post about bugs you find in Core Temp so they can be addressed and fixed efficiently
farafox
New User

Sudden problem with overheat protection

Post by farafox »

Ok so I woke up one morning and brought my laptop out of sleep. I leave it on at night for music when I go to bed and put the player on a sleep timer so it puts my laptop to sleep after it's done running it's time. When I got on the computer all of a sudden the overheat protection told me it reached its temp and was going to shut down. So I had to restart my laptop. The following night I turned on the log and did the same thing. Turned my player on and went to bed. When I woke up overheat protection said the same thing and the Temp is set to 90 degrees. So after restarting the computer I looked at the log. Never got over 49 degrees the whole time.

What is going on with this and can I fix it? The player I use is Media Monkey. When I go to bed that's the only thing running besides my background processes.

farafox
New User

Re: Sudden problem with overheat protection

Post by farafox »

Ok I don't even have it enabled (overheat protection) and every time my laptop comes out of sleep mode it pops up with overheat protection will shut down my laptop in 60 seconds. I am thinking of uninstalling this app unless I know how to fix this. I can't keep doing that.

Return to “Bug reports”