Core Temp Help

Post screenshots of your CPU's temperature

Moderator: imposter

CoreTemp-User097
New User

Core Temp Help

Post by CoreTemp-User097 »

Hello I am having a few issues here. I just got my pc all hooked up and I running coretemp and speed fan. Both are giving me different temps. But when I run prime95 or everrest to stess out the pc. The core temp goes up and the speed fan barley moves.

Last night my fan was going pretty loud so I took the heatsink out and the processor was stuck to my heatsink. Now before I removed the heat sink from the processor. My temps were very high 50 and up on speedfan and 35 to 43 on core temp. So went and got some artic 5 paste And the temps drop big time. CoreTemo says I'm at 23 to 25 idle and speed fans says I'm at 41 But when I stress the processor out coretemps starts to move up. The speedfans does not move it might move up to 42 or 43 after two minutes of stress test.

So my thing is which temp should I stand by Speed fan or core temp

I have provided some screens for you guys. During both of these screen shots I am doing nothing more than typeing this. I'm going to stress it out for 5 whole minutes and come back with those screen shots.

Oh and by the way I'm rocking amd quad core 2.2 stock fan and heat sink.

Also what the heck is tj max and how come I don't have it. Where can I get the tjmax deal.

Screen shot under stress test.

After I shut the stress down core temps starts to drop its reading but speed fan takes 5 miuntes to get down to 41 and never goes below 41 kind of funky..

So what do you guys think.

Return to “Core Temp - Screenshots”