Orleans core reading

Report any bugs you have with the program, so they can be fixed.

Moderator: imposter

summat
New User

Orleans core reading

Post by summat »

Just got a new batch of HP workstations in my office, ran coretemp and got as shown in the image below. Cool'n'Quiet is enabled so thats why the core speed is so low. As well as C'n'Q drops speed and temperature, I somehow thing it cant get to -49 degrees.
Whether the new version of coretemp coming out will sort this or not I dont know, but I've not seen any other posts about the orleans core on here.

imposter

Post by imposter »

Those are interesting temps. I got no idea if it makes a difference. but try disabling CNQ. and what are the thems though this is TC's area of expertises.

imp

summat
New User

No luck

Post by summat »

I tried C'n'Q off and its exactly the same, just the cpu sticks at the full 2.4ghz all the time as expected.
The bios reads the cpu temp (after its been on for a while) at around 40 degrees, so I at least know the thing isnt melting. I'd be happy to provide any details about the machine you may need to help diagnose this as I have confirmed it happening on all three I have tried coretemp on so far.

I attach a cpuz HTML dump, and registers dump, maybe something there might help.

The dumps can be found here: HTML Dump and Registers Dump

Edit: Just tried version 0.94 and it gives the same readings.

imposter

Post by imposter »

since it is a new cpu it might not be support in coretemp yet. i dunno though im just posting for the heck of it =)

Return to “Core Temp - Bug reports”